The Core Physical Therapy staff hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to getting back to some sense of normalcy or what may become the “new normal” at least for the time-being.
In order to continue to provide for all your physical therapy needs, we will be increasing our availability and have started to reopen up the clinics and increase physical therapist hours. We will continue to offer telehealth appointments virtually as well.
We have carefully considered the steps of our phased reopening and are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of all who enter our office.
Core Physical Therapy has put together a brief video of some of the changes/updates we have made. You can watch here.
What is Core Physical Therapy doing to ensure patient and staff safety as we return to in-clinic care?
- Every person who enters our office must be wearing a face cover. We ask that you please bring your own from home.
- Upon arrival at the clinic patients will be screened with a series of questions not limited to”
- Have you recently been sick or around persons who have?
- Have you traveled recently?
- Have you been reasonably practicing social distancing/face coverings as requested by the State of Illinois?
- Loss of taste of smell?
- Temperature checks are performed on everyone entering the office with a contactless thermometer, including staff.
- Patient’s will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering and leaving the clinic.
- We are scheduling fewer patients at a time to allow for proper social distancing and staggering use of treatment rooms.
- We have arranged the clinic set-up to promote social distancing between staff members and patients/therapists as much as possible.
- All appointments will be conducted with your physical therapist for ~1hour as to reduce your contact with others.
- We have an enhanced our thorough cleaning procedure between patient visits, as well as at the start and end of the day.
What policy changes have occurred to ensure patient and staff safety?
- Until further notice, only the patient is allowed to be present during treatment. No family members, including children, are able to accompany the patient to the session or sit in the waiting area. If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us.
- Patients under 18 years old must be accompanied by only one parent or guardian.
- Please arrive on time to appointment and not early to limit the gathering in the waiting room. Depending on the specific clinic setup you are at you may have to wait in the hallway until your appointment time if another patient is in treatment.
Are you continuing telehealth?
Yes! We plan to continue with telehealth. For current and new telehealth patients will assess the need for in-person visits on a case-by-case basis. We plan to utilize a hybrid plan of care as requested/needed, which would include a mix of telehealth and in-person visits. This will allow us to limit the number of necessary in-person sessions to decrease the risk of exposure while still providing the highest level of care based on your needs.
Does my insurance cover telehealth physical therapy?
On March 19, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker issued an Executive Order expanding telehealth services across the state as part of the continued effort to mitigate the COVID-19 crisis. Many insurance companies are now including telehealth as part of the benefit plans. Please call us or fill out our inquiry form online so we can verify your individual insurance and check your coverage for your plan.
You may notice some changes at our clinics, but one thing remains the same: Core Physical Therapy is committed to continuing to provide you with the highest level of individualized physical therapy care!
If you would like to get back on the in-person schedule or try out telehealth, please call us at (773) 999.9825 or head to our website where you can schedule an appointment. www.coreptclinics.com
Thank you for being our patients and we look forward to seeing you soon!